Red over Red

Red over Red

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Disorganized Writer

If I was one of those people who was at all organized I would carry a notebook with me to jot down ideas as they come, like writers are supposed to. But I'm not and I don't. When inspiration strikes I grab whatever is at hand. The idea for the third book in my Viking series came during mass about a year ago. Of course, I would never be so rude as to start jotting  notes during the service, particularly if my wife and kids were watching, so I waited until it was over to scribble my thoughts down. Below is the genesis (pun intended) of my new book The Lord of Vik-lo, which I hope will be out in a couple of months.


3 comments:

  1. You did very well to restrain yourself. I have so many notebooks and papers and napkins that I've put notes on. I'm right there with you for organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that's what they call inspiration from on high. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought you were deep in prayer!

    ReplyDelete